ITINERARY – 5 DAYS
ITINERARY – 5 DAYS
Meet & assist at Luxor Airport. Transfer to Dahabiya for embarkation.
Lunch on board. After lunch visit the East Bank of Luxor, beginning with the temple of Karnak which is considered to be the largest temple complex ever built by man. This great complex is dedicated to the main God of the ancient Egyptians Amun-Re. Visit Luxor Temple, the southernmost of the monuments of the Theban East bank, which was located in the heart of the ancient Thebes and like Karnak was dedicated to Amun-Re.
Overnight in Luxor.
After breakfast visit the West Bank of Luxor starting with the Valley of the Kings, which contains 62 tombs. In 1922, Howard Carter found the last and the most well-known of these tombs, belonging to the young pharaoh Tutankhamun. Visit the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut which was designed in multiple levels. The Temple itself consisted of three broad courts separated by colonnades, linked by ascending ramps and bounded by dressed limestone walls. Before leaving the West Bank we will stop at the Colossi of Memnon, two huge sitting statues representing Amenopis III, both facing the Nile.
Afternoon sailing to Esna and overnight in Esna.
After breakfast sail to Edfu. After lunch visit Edfu Temple which was dedicated to God Horus (falcon headed God), considered to be the most complete and best preserved of all the temples in Egypt.
Sail to Kom Ombo and overnight at Kom Ombo.
Early morning sail to Aswan. After lunch visit Aswan starting with the Philae Temple, dedicated to the Goddess Isis. The island of Philae now lies submerged beneath the waters of Lake Nasser to the south of Aswan. When the Aswan High Dam was built in the 1960s, the island’s temples were dismantled and reconstructed on a higher island. Visit the Aswan High Dam, located near Aswan which was an engineering miracle when originally constructed. The dam contains 18 times more material than that used in the Great Pyramid of Cheops.
Overnight in Aswan.
Morning at leisure. There is an optional tour to visit Abu Simbel.
Lunch on board followed by check-out.
These are tours can be booked through Talisman Travel or it can be booked through the guide on board the cruiser. They are all highly recommended and are as follow:
- Luxor City Tour by horse and carriage
- Philae Sound and Light Show
- The Great Temples of Abu Simbel
- 4 nights on cruise on Full Board basis or All Inclusive option (additional cost)
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing mentioned above in the itinerary (Karnak temples, Luxor temple, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Colossi statues of Memnon, Edfu Temple, Kom Ombo, Philae Temple, High Dam)
- Multilingual experienced Egyptologist guide
- All transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
- Optional excursions
- Entrance fee for Tutankhamun tomb in Valley of the Kings
- Meals which are not mentioned in the itinerary above
- Domestic and International flights