ITINERARY – 8 DAYS
Meet & assist at Luxor Airport and transfer to the Dahabiya for embarkation.
Lunch on board. After lunch visit the East Bank of Luxor, starting with the temple of Karnak which is considered to be the largest temple complexes ever built and was dedicated to the main god of the ancient Egyptians; Amun-Re.
Visit Luxor Temple located in the heart of ancient Thebes and like Karnak was dedicated to Amun-Re.
Overnight at Luxor.
After breakfast visit the West Bank of Luxor starting with the Valley of the Kings which contains 62 tombs to date. In 1922 Howard Carter found the last and the most well-known of these tombs, that belonging to the young pharaoh Tutankhamun. Visit the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut which was designed in multiple levels. Before leaving the West Bank visit the Colossi of Memnon, two huge sitting statues representing Amenopis III facing the Nile.
Afternoon sailing to Esna. Overnight in Esna.
After breakfast set sail to Edfu. Lunch on board.
Visit the Temple of Edfu, which was dedicated to God Horus (falcon headed God ), considered to be the most complete and best preserved of all temples in Egypt. Sail towards Kom Ombo.
Overnight on an island in the Nile.
After breakfast sail to Kom Ombo to visit the Temple of Kom Ombo which was dedicated equally to God Sobek (crocodile headed God) and God Haroeris (falcon headed God). This temple is unique in its location as it stands on a plateau dissected by two long dry streams which isolate the site and provide the most spectacular setting of any of Egypt’s river temples.
Overnight in Kom Ombo.
Early morning sailing to Aswan.
After lunch visit Aswan starting with Philae Temple, dedicated to the Goddess Isis.The island of Philae now lies submerged beneath the waters of Lake Nasser to the south of Aswan. When the Aswan High Dam was built in the 1960s the island’s temples were dismantled and reconstructed on a higher island which now resembles the original Philae. Visit the High Dam located near Aswan.
Overnight in Aswan.
Breakfast on board. Morning at leisure, optional tour available for an early morning visit to Abu Simbel.
Lunch on board. Set sail to an island between Kom Ombo and Edfu and overnight on the island.
Early morning sailing to Luxor. Overnight in Luxor.
After breakfast, check-out and transfer to Luxor International Airport.
These tours can be booked through Talisman Travel or through the guide on board the cruiser. They are all highly recommended and are as follows:-
- Luxor City Tour by horse and carriage
- Philae Sound and Light Show
- The great Temples of Abu Simbel
- 7 nights on cruise on Full Board basis or All Inclusive option (additional cost)
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing mentioned above in the itinerary (Karnak temples, Luxor temple, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Colossi statues of Memnon, Edfu Temple, Kom Ombo, Philae Temple, High Dam)
- Multilingual experienced Egyptologist guide
- All transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
- Entry Visa
- Optional excursions
- Entrance fee for Tutankhamun tomb in Valley of the Kings
- Meals which are not mentioned in the itinerary above
- Domestic and International flights